Job Title: Full Stack Software Engineer – C# & Angular
Job type: 8 Month contract
Location: Port Harcourt
Offshoretrade Media is an independent leading provider of news, market insights research and Data Analysis for Natural Gas Upstream Oil, Maritime & Shipping industry .Offshoretrade media combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for Natural Gas & LNG, Upstream Oil, Maritime & Shipping, finance and government agencies. We help our customers see why things happen and what should be done help in decision making that improve efficiency, investment decision and operational excellence in industry.
Offshoretrade Media provides key solutions in energy market starting from market research, data analysis and consulting relied upon our daily market research and reports and our team of analysts who have a deep understanding of commodity markets, and our unique methodologies
Software Engineers are responsible for implementing internal and customer facing application.
Technology is central to our continued growth and as such we have invested heavily in our in-house development and data science teams who deliver industry leading digital data solutions. The development teams use some of the latest technologies working on greenfield projects and applying modern development practices.
Software Engineers work with and are supported in this role by:
- Architects, who provide higher-level implementation advice and strategy.
- Product managers who provide a development pipeline and help run the multidisciplinary team involved in product development.
- QA engineers, responsible for testing software in development and production
- A Lead Engineer who has final accountability for the application
- Developing and maintaining web applications
- Contributing to Agile SCRUM meetings, estimates, documentation and other parts of the software development lifecycle.
- Working to improve your own technical expertise and keep abreast of new developments in software design.
- Enhancing the security, robustness, performance, and maintainability of the code base.
Essential skills and experience
- Software development in C# (.Net Framework and .NET Core)
- A good basic understanding of data structures and databases
- A broad understanding of operating systems, networks, web systems, design patterns and good coding practices
- The ability to code to a commercial standard, including unit testing, appropriate use of frameworks and SOLID principles
- Able to work as part of a scrum team
- Curiosity and eagerness to both teach yourself, and learn from others
Desirable skills and experience
The following are all technical areas that offshoretrade uses or plans to use extensively. Experience and/or interest in one or more of them will be helpful:
- Belief in the importance of UX in all applications.
- Experience of time-series data, and/or prior experience of price and market-based applications.
- Experience with Python
- Mobile application development
Offshoretrade Media recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical and dental plans
- Company life insurance plan
- Private pension scheme
- Extensive internal and external training.
- If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
- Apply via our website www.offshoretm.comcom/careers/open-positions
- Offshoretrade Media is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.