Position: Market Reporter- Maritime & Shipping
Work experience: 3-5 years in journalist Job.
Reporting Relationships: Head of News Management and Head of operations
Across the OTM Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our audiences. We’re digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the OTM , we aim for employees at all times with a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We’ll continue to remove barriers for all,
The Role / Position Overview
We are looking for a Market reporter – Maritime & Shipping to be based in port Harcourt. You will report directly to the Head of News management and Head of operations and be responsible for sourcing and writing high-quality articles focused on different maritime sector
This is a unique opportunity to play an important role in a successful news service backed by the experience and resources of the OTM Team. This is also an opportunity to focus on news journalism for sophisticated decision-makers, as well as work within a positive and collaborative team environment.
What you will be responsible for
- Monitor and assess markets to produce daily news, weekly price assessments, market commentaries and reports
- Analyse data to find insights on global commodity trade has breaking news
- Daily contact with producers, traders and buyers and other key market sources to build relationships, gather market intelligence
- Develop two-way relationships with contacts and share market intelligence
- Develop core and interesting news and work with the sector to ensure you deliver relevant daily news stories and weekly publications via TV live programmme
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent offshoretrade TV externally
- Develop and manage daily maritime information and report back to the news production manager daily
- Responsible for covering the asset management industry
- Ability to produce more than 24 currents news in the maritime sector daily .
- Report, write and produce high-quality articles / news stories and exclusive content.
- Moderate webcasts and video interviews.
- When needed, edit or follow-up on mass media stories for the publication
Submission deadline: December 29, 2021
Please include a cover letter, CV, transcripts and other relevant documents in a combined PDF file when you upload your application. Αll applications must be sent exclusively via our portal.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days after one year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training