Job Title: Market Reporter – Oil & Gas Markets and Policy
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Port Harcourt
Offshoretrade Media is an independent leading provider of news, market insights research and Data Analysis for Natural Gas Upstream Oil, Maritime & Shipping industry .Offshoretrade media combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for Natural Gas & LNG, Upstream Oil, Maritime & Shipping, finance and government agencies. We help our customers see why things happen and what should be done help in decision making that improve efficiency, investment decision and operational excellence in industry.
Offshoretrade Media provides key solutions in energy market starting from market research, data analysis and consulting relied upon our daily market research and reports and our team of analysts who have a deep understanding of commodity markets, and our unique methodologies
Journalists dream of being at the center of the story, and now is your chance step into one of the most hot-button issues of our time – climate policy.
The world debates the future of petroleum, coal and other carbon-intensive fuels and hopes rise for a transition toward renewables such as wind and solar. But making that transition an economic reality will require incentives, and state governments around the country increasingly turn to the emissions markets to put a value on carbon and encourage development of alternative technologies.
The applicant must be innately curious and personable, have an interest in policy and economics, and be able to quickly become a subject matter expert who can lead coverage on a complex and diverse beat. Experience covering commodities or energy/environmental policy is ideal.
- Writing market commentary and news stories while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Assessing environmental markets by collecting data and adhering to rigorous compliance standards.
- Developing and maintaining rapport with key contacts and liaising regularly with industry stakeholders (buyers, sellers, and traders, brokers) to gain environmental market intelligence.
- Interviewing government leaders and subject matter experts to research trends and evaluate potential topics.
- Synthesizing complex information quickly.
- Maintaining existing databases and developing new ones for designated products.
- Developing new contacts and establishing relationships in the market.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, economics, business or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and the ability to complete all writing assignments within established deadlines.
- Experience covering physical energy markets preferred.
- Knowledge of energy and environmental issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time to fulfil the responsibilities of this position.
- 4 years working experiences
Offshoretrade Media recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical and dental plans
- Company life insurance plan
- Private pension scheme
- Extensive internal and external training.
- If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
- Apply via our website www.offshoretm.comcom/careers/open-positions
- Offshoretrade Media is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.