Job Position: Research Analyst-Maritime & Shipping
Job type: Permanent
Location: Port Harcourt
Reporting Relationship: Head of Research & Analysis
Department: Research & Data
Offshoretrade Media is an independent leading provider of news, market insights research and Data Analysis for Natural Gas Upstream Oil, Maritime & Shipping industry .Offshoretrade media combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for Natural Gas & LNG, Upstream Oil, Maritime & Shipping, finance and government agencies. We help our customers see why things happen and what should be done help in decision making that improve efficiency, investment decision and operational excellence in industry.
Offshoretrade Media provides key solutions in energy market starting from market research, data analysis and consulting relied upon our daily market research and reports and our team of analysts who have a deep understanding of commodity markets, and our unique methodologies
Offshoretrade ’s Media value is to built on a values set that provides the foundational structure and management strategy for all our goals, policies and actions in our interactions with client, colleagues, suppliers, government agencies and Research institution Globally
Our Mission and Vision
Offshoretrade ’s Media Mission and Vision is to be the best reliable energy media, data analysis and research firm for commodity market for Upstream Oil Market, Natural Gas and maritime & shipping sector globally
What will your responsibilities be?
This role will enable the Research Analyst to become familiar both with a range of commodity markets, and the way Consulting execute and manage projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Find, use, maintain and develop data, models and methodologies that offshoretrade’s use to produce transparent results for customers, identifying key trends and insights that are clear and meaningful
- Carry out primary research across a range of product areas, taking functional leadership from the lead consultant of those products
- Maintain and develop a structured approach to data collection, storage and analysis
- Understand and contribute to offshoretrade’s research and forecast models and methodologies from complex commodity market data
- Discover and develop own insights and model the implications for supply, demand, costs and prices
- Work with senior consultants/analysts on developing and improving Offshoretrade’s models or investigating a particular project
- Document frameworks in clear English and Maths, following offshoretrade templates
- Meet imposed deadlines, understanding the project plan and impact of your work to other team members
Report Writing and Presentations
- Structure report sections in the “offshoretrade’s Consulting” style
- Explain offshoretrade ’s views clearly and engagingly in written reports and presentations
- Make recommendations / suggestions about style, formatting and content
- Work in highly collaborative international teams; sharing information, presenting and testing ideas
- Interact with offshoretrade key persons in the offices
Customer Interaction, Market Awareness and Marketing
- Contribute to commercial proposals, marketing insights and presentations
- Keep informed on market developments
- Understand customer requirements and work with colleagues to meet those needs
- Take part in and contribute to customer/site visits and conference meetings as required, working with other team members and offshoretrade’s Sales and Marketing team
About you – What skills are we looking for?
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- Fluent written and spoken English
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive our business and strategy
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to discuss confidently with market participants and an inquisitive mind to obtain information that helps offshoretrade Consulting provide a unique understanding to these markets
- Excellent team ethic and able to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude and a positive outlook
- Organised and be able to deliver to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Aptitude to learn new systems; experience with statistical software (such as R, EViews, STATA or MATLAB) will be an advantage
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marine engineering , marine science or any related programmed is required.
- Previous experience in maritime commodity markets or Associated markets ,
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent persuasion skills, with the ability to identify and express value propositions and sell ideas.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time
- 3 -6years working experiences in the above industry
Offshoretrade Media recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical and dental plans
- Company life insurance plan
- Private pension scheme
- Extensive internal and external training.
- If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
- Apply via our website www.offshoretm.comcom/careers/open-positions
- Offshoretrade Media is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.