Job Title: Senior Editor, Power & Energy News
Job type: Full time
Location: Port Harcourt
Offshoretrade Media is an independent leading provider of news, market insights research and Data Analysis for Natural Gas Upstream Oil, Maritime & Shipping industry .Offshoretrade media combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for Natural Gas & LNG, Upstream Oil, Maritime & Shipping, finance and government agencies. We help our customers see why things happen and what should be done help in decision making that improve efficiency, investment decision and operational excellence in industry.
Offshoretrade Media provides key solutions in energy market starting from market research, data analysis and consulting relied upon our daily market research and reports and our team of analysts who have a deep understanding of commodity markets, and our unique methodologies
The Team: You will report to the Energy units and will work closely with a team of experienced journalists, editors and other news managers. You also will collaborate with multiple other commodity news teams, as well as with analytics and commodity pricing in a fast-paced newsroom environment that is congenial and professional
- Write concise intra-day and daily breaking news and analysis on key developments relevant to the Energy market for publications, websites and real-time alert services.
- File copy that is well-researched, accurate and clean (spelling, grammar and style).
- Collaborate with other reporters, analysts and price team members to provide timely market insight, leveraging offshoretrade commodity price benchmarks, proprietary data and analytics.
- Produce content from a variety of events and situations, including webinars, conferences, regulatory meetings, legislative hearings, as well as climate disasters, such as hurricanes, winter storms and wildfires — including weekend coverage when market impacts are significant.
- Work with design/production, analytics, cartography teams to produce graphics, infographics, and tables and charts of relevant data to enhance content.
- Develop a broad and diverse industry source base.
- Contribute frequently to digital media activities (e.g., blogs, podcasts).
What We’re Looking For: Must have extensive English-language reporting, news writing and editing experience. A commitment to the highest journalistic standards is expected. Data analysis and data visualization skills are important. Must be a highly motivated and productive team player.
The person who will succeed in this job will be passionate about data journalism, reporting, understanding complicated subject matter, and explaining it clearly and concisely for a time-starved audience. Resourcefulness and independence in someone who collaborates well with others is what we’re looking for.
- Five-plus years of reporting/writing experience, preferably in energy markets, but also as a broader business or financial journalist.
- Flexible journalist able to cover developments from various regions in the Americas as needed.
- Concise writing style, numerate.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Journalism, Economics, Business and/or Finance.
Offshoretrade Media recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical and dental plans
- Company life insurance plan
- Private pension scheme
- Extensive internal and external training.
- If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
- Apply via our website www.offshoretm.comcom/careers/open-positions
- Offshoretrade Media is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.